Monday, October 29, 2012

rainy day inspiration

Photobucket

So with hurricane Sandy coming at us with full force, I doubt I will get much blogging in before I leave for tour on Thursday. I have a small round of guest posts lined up for while I am away from my fellow blogging ladies, but you can expect things to be a bit quiet around here for the next two weeks. But as for right now I am sitting in bed with my cat George and a fresh plate of cinnamon rolls scouring the interent and looking at beautiful things.

One beautiful thing that always inspires me is the photos by my best gal Ali Scarpulla. Here are some photos of hers I am sharing from her photo diary Flickr called Free Bliss where you can see how she tries to capture the daily beauty in her life where she is now living in Cleveland. I miss her dearly while she is living over there, but I know I can always count on her to be documenting her life for me to see and still feel a part of. Ali is once again selling prints of her photos in her new shop on etsy. Help a sister out and buy one or a few, her photos are her livelihood and you will be all the more happier having her beautiful haunting images around.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

Emma Lavelle said...

I love Ali's work!

Stay safe from the storm, Emily! It sounds pretty scary xx

Meg said...

Absolutely amazing photos. Ali is so talented