Tuesday, November 1, 2011

diggin' it

Photobucket

So yesterday was Halloween, and last night was my party! Lots of people showed up and I really could not have asked for a better turn out.. but I will post all on that later! The last people to leave my place last night was at like 5am, so today I was a bit tired but also had some post party cleaning to do so I pretty much just chilled around the apartment. I wore my hair big and curly for halloween, as I was inspired by Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver.. without the child prostitute part. I would have loved to come up with that little red number with the platforms and that cute top, but instead I was just pretty much me how I want to dress every day, with a bit more glitter and these big round glasses you see below. I got them at a Halloween store and I am really in love, I kind of want to wear them every day.

In the morning yesterday I want to Beacon's closet to do some trading.. again. I really am addicted to it! The feeling of getting free clothing (practically free) just overcomes me.. and there are so many goodies to dig through at the Willamsburg one. This sweet baseball tee I got there yesterday, totally diggin' it. I'v never been to Texas, but who cares! I have said before I'm sure, that although I love really old beautiful vintage fashions, my personal style always reverts back to the 70s, and I have been heavily influenced this weekend and will continue to be for the foreseeable future ;)

In less than 48 hours I will be in St. Louis! And I got the perfect rosie the riveter type jumpsuit yesterday at Beacon's as well, and I am totally ready to tie my hair up in a scarf and get to work digging through bales of vintage!!

Photobucket
George the fat cat
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
love lava lamps man, and the colors in this one are great..
Photobucket
.. and then I shook it up :D

6 comments:

Taylor Kitto / The Little Deer said...

That hair! So amazing.
Total 70s babe.

Crystal Lee said...

Love your top. I have a somewhat similar one but mine doesn't have raglan sleeves. I haven't been to Texas either but I really wanna go one day. Your hair looks great.

The Snow Child said...

gosh you have great hair! make more tutorials! xxxx

Femke said...

Love your seventies look!

xoxo, Femke On the Button

Annie Strole said...

Sorry I had to miss the party, I had to work! I really want to see your place though.

Also you look great! That shirt absolutely rules.

Anonymous said...

I adore your blog Emily, and your style is just perfect !
demoiselleaparis.com