Friday, June 24, 2011

my college dorm room ca. 2007

So, this post is going to be a little funny (well, I think so at least) you may have noticed photos from this 2007 Nylon editorial making the rounds on tumblr. I think it's possibly my favorite Nylon editorial ever. I remember being so in love with that girls hair color (which caused me to dye my hair from VERY blonde to "chocolate cherry" and then get a bad haircut and then hate my liiiffeeee...) and how casual, yet totally well dressed she was. Lounging around drinking coffee, hugging plants and reading books.

Back to the point of this entry, seeing these images reminded me of how back then I was a big magazine subscriber, also a big fan of saving all my magazines. I still have a huge stash at my parents house, mostly of Nylons. And when I moved into the FIT co-ed dorm in the spring of 2007 I brought all those with me. I liked having the inspiration around. Then I cut up a whole bunch and decorated my dorm room like a mad woman!! These photos here were taken by my first room mate, a gothic chick from Connecticut who was a total drag. But we only lived together for one semester, and she took these photos which I can now look back on in remembrance, so thanks girl! (please excuse my name across some of them and the poor quality, had to take screen shots of these off facebook, ha)

I just wanted to share with you all, cause I think it's cool and funny that these photos are still around.. and I'm surprised the place wasent more of a mess! I'm pretty sloppy when it comes to putting clothes away, and making the bed as you can see :) After this semester, I dormed with three of my friends in a quad, and although the company was better, I don't think I ever decorated my room as well as this time. Ahh, memories!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Sandy Joe said...

You went all out! I had nothing on my walls for all four years of university... I wonder what that says about me!

x The Pretty Secrets

Meg said...

lol FIT dorms... there was some serious magazine wall coverage there

Anonymous said...

what a room! i remember that editorial so well, i had that picture of her with the mug up on my wall when i was going through my slightly androgynous phase and i was so into man's shirts and oversized fluffy cardigans haha.

Annalise said...

Oh this is so fun to see. I never had a dorm room, so I like to see other people's rooms. You sure had a lot of inspiration around you at all times. I used to cover my home bedroom walls in magazine pages as well.
XOXO

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Ha! This looks awesome. I never decorate, partly because I'm lazy and disorganized and partly because I would then never be able to get rid of half of that stuff. But it looks like a little home; except for the room mate I guess. : )